My name is Christina 
and I am currently attending Santa Clara University (Class of 2017). I was born and raised in the San-Fransisco Bay Area, more specifically in San Jose, CA. I recently graduated from Mountain View Academy with the intentions of becoming either a doctor or a lawyer in the future. As of now, I have decided to go on a path toward

s the medical field. My goals are always changing because I am an ambivalent person, so it is difficult for me to express what my goals are ex

actly. However, no matter where life ends up taking me, I know that my overall goal is to travel to as many places as I can, helping out as many people as I can. 

____________________________________________________________________________

This quarter in my Critical Thinking and Writing class, the idea of looking at a work through a different "lens," or from a point of view differing your own, was greatly emphasized. I find that taking the time to shift my paradigm is something that I struggle with greatly, because I tend to be stubborn. I tend to see things as either "black" or "white", with no "gray" areas or room for compromise. However, I found myself getting the most out of the assignments that I adjusted my paradigm for. By putting myself in the place of the reader, I gained a new insight on a work, and was able to better understand it.

I took the idea of looking at certain things through a different "lens" and have been trying to apply that to all parts of my life. In doing so, I've found that being more open-minded can help me resolve conflicts easier than when I am unwilling to compromise, or change my lens. 

Me attempting to see the world through the lens of a fish (and some snorkles).