This past winter, I was a member of the Santa Clara Vanguard Winter Percussion. Vanguard Winter Percussion (VWP) is an indoor marching percussion ensemble that competes in the area and then goes to Dayton, Ohio in April for the Winter Guard International World Championships. I have been working toward being a member of Vanguard for three years now, and I finally was accepted into the organization last November. Vanguard is part of the World Class, which is the highest level of the activity. I have embedded a YouTube video of our semifinals performance. Please do not share this video, as it is the professional recording of our semifinals performance.

Our show this season is called "Grow Till Tall". It is a story about growing up, as you may be able to tell by the musical and visual ordaments we perform. The show starts off with members' voices saying their birthdays--the beginning of their life. It then tells the story of happy memories, sad memories, and resolutions often found in life. In this particular run, the technology we use to perform the samples did not work, so this show may not portray the context needed to fully understand the show.